The OPTIONS Consortium objective is to develop a streamlined, adaptable product delivery platform for current and future ARV-based HIV prevention options, with a particular focus on women.
- Plan 4 PrEP Toolkit offers support for oral PrEP introduction.
- OPTIONS and IPM collaborate to make the case for the dapivirine ring.
- Private sector landscape analysis supports country governments with oral PrEP implementation.
- Community dialogues in Zimbabwe aim to understand oral PrEP readiness.
- Regional guide for PrEP communications being developed.
- South Africa expands oral PrEP launch to six more sites.
- Operations research and KAP survey protocols approved.
- New Resources Added to PrEPWatch.
POWER develops cost-effective and scalable models for implementation of ARV-based HIV prevention products for women.
- My PrEP decision support tool in production with additional demand creation tools in development.
- Final formative report completed.
- Cohorts in Cape Town, Johannesburg, and Kisumu launched.
EMOTION increases uptake and correct and consistent use of ARV-based HIV prevention products by women at high risk of HIV infection using an end-user centered strategy.
- Project VOGUE underway.
CHARISMA supports efforts to: increase women’s agency to safely use ARV-based HIV prevention, to engage male partners in HIV prevention, and to overcome harmful gender norms and reduce intimate partner violence (IPV).
- Clinic- and community-based interventions continue.
- Intervention evaluations and reporting planned.
GEMS informs policies and defines programmatic considerations related to use of ARV-based HIV prevention products and risk of resistance.
- Drug-resistance testing in Kenya progresses.
- GEMS prepares for drug-resistance testing in South Africa and Zimbabwe.
- Genital swabs testing begins and assay development is underway.
- Oral PrEP modeling continues.